People love stories. We teach others lessons by telling stories, stories are what connects us with each other, and we get to know each other better by listening to each others' stories.
This week, take some time to listen to your partner tell you a story from their life. And share a story of your own as well.
No matter whether your story is happy or sad, long or short, funny or serious - it is meaningful and worth sharing.
If you have trouble coming up with any ideas for stories to tell, why don't you try out one of the following questions:
- What is one of your most treasured memories?
- What is one of the most embarrassing things that's happened to you?
- Are there any moments from your childhood you still think about frequently?
- Are there any dreams you had earlier in your life that never came true?
- What is the most daring thing you've done in your life?
- What scares you the most?
Pick a night when you don't have any appointments and aren't too tired, get comfortable on the couch with each other, and make some time sharing stories.